How to Use VoIP Phone Systems for Small Business Establishments
January 12, 2016
Category: Info Articles
Cordless phones provide users with the convenience of mobility within their locations when making or receiving calls. Cordless phones in VoIP or PBX systems work the same way as traditional cordless phones with standard phone connections. Many companies offering VoIP services have made cordless phones available to their subscribers. Although there are few cordless phone manufacturers, using cordless VoIP phone systems is catching up fast.
• Research VoIP service providers that offer cordless phones in their subscription plans. Although some VoIP service providers offer cordless phones in their subscription plans, many require users to use customized cordless phone handsets and have tie-ups with phone manufacturers. Therefore, not every PBX phone system for small business will have a cordless phone. In addition, not every VoIP service will work with a cordless phone.
• Subscribe to a VoIP plan that comes with a cordless phone. Make sure the cordless phone is VoIP-enabled. Read the phone manual to understand the features and technical specifications of the phone. It is important to read cordless phone VoIP service reviews before placing an order.
• Check the phone warranty before subscribing and purchasing the VoIP service plan. Many cordless phones have a short life and may have problems with their batteries. Find out if the phone will need battery replacement and check for the availability and quality of the batteries. Always buy VoIP cordless phones from authorized dealers.
• Install and set up the VoIP or PBX phone service. Make sure the cordless phone is in good working condition. Check the phone batteries and find out if you need to charge the phone before you can use it. Most cordless VoIP or PBX phones use wireless signals. Calls made through a VoIP phone are routed through an internet connection with your VoIP service provider.
• Check the LCD of the cordless VoIP phone for connection status and signal quality indication.
• Start using your cordless VoIP phone while roaming within the range of the device.
Enjoy the convenience of VoIP phone systems for small business with a subscription plan that comes with a cordless phone. Call your VoIP service provider to find out if they offer cordless phones with their services.